SummerJapan.com is situated in the Hirafu resort area near Kutchan, approximately 100km from Sapporo and New Chitose Airport. (Approx. 2hrs by car)
- Air – The closest airport is Shin Chitose Airport. There are direct international flights from Hong Kong, Shanghai, Taipei and Guam. Domestic flights from Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya operate frequently.
- Ferry – Regular ferry services operate between Honshu and Hokkaido. Otaru or Tomakomai port is a 1-2 hour journey by train to Kutchan.
- Car – Kutchan is 2 hours’ drive from either Sapporo or Shin Chitose airport. Rental cars with English Satellite navigation is available on request (Advanced booking is essential).
- Take Route 276 from New Chitose Airport (~2hrs)
- Take Route 230 from Sapporo City (~2hrs)
- Take Route 5 from the Otaru Ferry Terminal (~1.5hrs)
- Take Route 276 from the Tomakomai Ferry Terminal (~2.5hrs)
- From the Muroran Ferry Terminal (~1.5hrs)
- Take the train to the nearest station – Kutchan Station.